Shelford Medical Practice aims to deliver equitable, high quality, safe, and caring primary health care services without prejudice to the patients of the practice. The practice aims to be responsive to change, capable of innovation and creativity, and to listen and respond to the practice's patients' needs, whilst maintaining traditional family doctor values.
Our mission statement:
"Treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself"
Shelford Medical practice will provide high quality health care in a responsive, supportive, courteous, compassionate, safe and cost-effective manner. We will:
- provide a service that puts patient safety and welfare at the heart of what we do;
- work within the framework of NHS Primary Care Services to provide professional, nursing and other services which meet the identified needs of our patients;
- promote best practice through the use of specialist expertise within the practice team and encourage the continuous professional development of all members of that team;
- nurture a culture which is innovative, forward-looking and adaptable;
- take into account the evidence provided by scientific and medical research in our treatment;
- support the future and sustainability of primary care by contributing to teaching, training and research activity.